Recently, my friend who has become the "garden parent" for her son's school lamented to me, "I know how to garden, but what am I going to do with 10 kindergarteners in the garden?" There is a world of difference between gardening in your yard and gardening with a class of kids. Although not essential, gardening skills help, but having lesson plans and ideas about outdoor classroom management can create a garden educator who can bring learning to life in the garden.
- Managing an Effective Outdoor Classroom handouts and videos of lessons
- Various Scavenger Hunts
- Easy School Garden Activities "Back Pocket Activities"
- Worm Bin Bingo Cards plus links to teacher guides for lessons on worms
- Fun Edible Activity
- 1st-4th Grade Science Exploration Lessons
- A whole other page of resources related to Garden Enhanced Nutrition Education
More tips for browsing our website