Make the connection from seed to table in this fun and delicious workshop. Using tried-and-true Life Lab lessons and recipes for grades K-8, participants explore effective ways to teach nutrition and encourage kids to eat more fruits and vegetables through hands-on activities with food, including harvesting and meal preparation. Graduate education units available.
K-6 classroom teachers, garden educators, nutrition educators
Life Lab’s Garden Classroom on the UC Santa Cruz Campus
1156 High St S
Santa Cruz, CA 95064
$200 per day
10% Early-Bird Registration Discount will be applied at check-out process for Garden Classroom workshops registered 14 days prior to workshop start date. Santa Cruz County Public School Educators email us learn more about reduced rate registration!
- How to structure cooking and nutrition activities for success, including management of large groups, harvesting and meal preparation
- Effective strategies and garden-based recipes that encourage kids to eat more fruits and vegetables
- How to choose plants and planting times
- An activity packet full of Garden-Enhanced Nutrition Education resources, lessons, recipes, and tips
- Inspiration to use the garden as context for healthy eating
- Strategies for success from Life Lab and other educators engaged in this exciting work
- Ideas and inspiration for your school garden
- A walking tour of UCSC’s 25-acre Center for Agroecology and Sustainable Food Systems
- Vegetarian lunch provided by our healthy food partners Charlie Hong Kong and local snacks!